Thursday, February 25, 2010


It's as if yesterday wasn't horrible enough, I woke up today thinking that it was just near quarter to eleven. That's good, considering I slept at past 4 in the morning because of a terrible headache. I was thinking that I still have a lot of time to make it to the Cheese's house. I took a bath.

Coming out of the bathroom, I noticed that the sun isn't too bright and intense for an 11 o' clock. Weird. Got into my room, changed. I was about to put on my watch when I saw the time: it says 10 minutes before 5. Wow. My watch probably stopped early in the morning. Weird. Then I looked at my other watch, the one where there are no numbers just dots, and saw the ugly truth. It was actually almost 5 in the afternoon. Oh God.

The Cheese was probably waiting for me since noon and he can't contact me because I turned off my phone before going to sleep because I'm sure there will be a couple of people who'll be calling me and asking me where I was.

See, the thing is this. Yesterday, I quit my part-time job. I decided that I won't come in again because it makes me sick. How the whole thing works, how I thought I was supposed to do this task but turns out I do other irrelevant things not related to my line of work. Instructions got lost somewhere and what was I to do? I'm supposed to be researching and writing stuff but instead I spend my day under the intense heat, watching drivers register for emission tests, give away hand outs, speak in public. My boss' staff think that I should do the photocopying and in charge of LCD too. Honestly, I was not even told that I was supposed to do those things. I was told that I should report thrice a week only but now they are telling me that I should be there every time there is a seminar and that I should come on a Sunday. WORK ON A FREAKING SUNDAY. C'mon. I did not signed up for that. No I didn't.

I want clear instructions, a job that does not do crossovers. Maybe I could do that too if I'm a regular employee who gets the right cut but I don't. I don't even get paid. Sure I got a couple of hundred pesos but it sure wasn't enough. I am a very patient person I believe and was never the type to quit on things like that. But I don't like what I see, I don't like the attitudes going on inside government offices. It scares the hell out of me. I was never the righteous one but I know right from wrong.

That was the FML moment yesterday. Today, waking up at 4 in the afternoon and thinking it was only 11 is the FML moment. I feel bad for the Cheese for waiting and not knowing what the hell happened to me. And I am sorry for that. I feel bad for the lost time.

I don't ever want that to happen again. Lord no. It honestly terrified me. Now I have to scram because I have a trip to catch in less than 2 hours and I still have to pack.


Lianne said...

You went AWOL? You should leave properly! You weren't understand the job or won't understand. Asked the questions before taking the job and accept if happy. You give us filipinas bad name

Marye said...

WTH? You've no idea what you're accusing me of. And please, reread the whole thing. Thanks.