I am proud to say that after a few months of utter curiosity, I finally got to try Project Pie. I like Project Pie's tag line: everyday artisan pizza custom built by you. Just like our very own DYO (Do Your Own) line from work. Free plug yo.
At first, I really thought that the pizza dough will be handed to me after which I will sprinkle/design it with whatever toppings my heart desires. Wrong! Actually, there's a bunch of people who will take your orders starting from pizza base, cheese and toppings.
|Project Pie menu|
Here's a step-by-step guide:
1) You line up here. Lucky you if there's no queue!
2) The first person you will talk to will ask what your pizza base will be. Basically, just choose between numbers 1 - 7, as listed on the menu. Then he will ask if you want to add more toppings on your base pizza. He will also get your name which will then be passed on to another person by way of yelling haha.
3) Should you choose the Build-Your-Own option, the next person in line will take your base pizza and add whatever toppings you want in it. There's so many to choose from it's a riot bordering on #firstworldproblems.
I love that they will never scrimp on your cheese!! Plus 100 points!
4) After finalising your order, you will then move on to this girl (or a guy in your case) who will hand over a paper with your name and the toppings you chose written on it.
Then this guy will bake it for you in a really, really hot oven.
5) You pay for your order at the counter, maybe add an extra order of drinks (try their China Mist Iced Tea!). My colleagues and I all went for the BYO and paid 285 pesos each.
After a few minutes they started calling out our names one by one. Everything was done pretty fast! I think I've spent a lot more time choosing what toppings to add than the actual baking itself.
Behold my meaty Number 5 (mozzarella, ricotta, gorgonzola, parmesan, cracked black pepper, olive oil, garlic, fresh chopped basil)! My choice of toppings were pepperoni, ham, bacon (regular and Canadian), caramelized onion, green pepper, mushroom and get this, walnuts. Ang labo ng order ko, I know! But this one I didn't regret because when the cheese got a bit too strong for me, the walnuts were there to equalize the cheesiness. Molto bene!
Below are samples of what others ordered.
We traded some of our own pizza slices to others so there will be more variety. It was such a great idea. Here's the happy Brady bunch!
The next week, we ate at Project Pie again (please don't judge us, we were just happy and satisfied customers). This time we ordered half-half BYO pizza and Simon, our newly hired member, bought a dessert pizza for everyone.
|Half and half BYO.|
|Strawberry Mango Nutella. PhP195.|
The best thing about Project Pie, aside from the pizza, is their Clean Your Own policy. I looove this. It lessens the burden on waiter/waitress' part plus you get to practice cleaning your own mess like what we all should do even outside our own homes/offices.
1555 Laurel St cor Shaw Blvd
Wack Wack, Mandaluyong